Kim Hyun Joong's interview

Here you go, the last installment of the F4 relay interview - 23 year old Kim Hyun-joong, who plays the role of Ji-hoo sunbae in the drama Boys Over flowers.

Kim confessed that he is not as gentle or tender as his character Ji Hoo. What he looks for in a girlfriend? "I wish my girlfriend was someone just like a friend, whom I would feel comfortable with."

Hyun-joong is also the leader of the group SS501.






IS: Who do you want to meet most in the world?


Of course Seo Taiji. When i was a child, I listened to a variety of foreign music and I liked the rock genre. The top song when I was in school was Seo Taiji and Boys' "Nan-arayo" ( 난 알아요). Then when I heard "Ultramania", I decided to become a singer. I have a lot of respect for Seo Taiji.


IS: Do you have any talent you've been polishing since the school days?

I played bass guitar in a band when I was in high school. I can play it quite well. I enjoy expressing it by playing guitar when I get a musical idea. I would spend whole day to search for rare guitars when I was visiting Japan. I love the guitar.

IS: Do you have any places you want to travel to? Who with?

I have friends whom I've been growing up with in the same town. I've spent most of my life with them. I fear nothing when I'm with them. I want to travel to space with them and challenge the limit of our lives. Does that sound like nonsense? (Err...it kinda does)

IS: Who is number one on your mobile phone speed dial?


I have a bad memory and my mobile phone directory stores my important numbers but I don't use the speed dial.


IS: What do you always carry in your bag?


An extra pair of contact lens, eye drops and a shaver. Also an extra pair of underwear and socks just in case we end up shooting all night.


IS: Which actress would you like to work with?


Lee Hyo-ri (noona). Before I made a debut as a singer, she was my dream girl. Hyori is my senior and gave me lots of valuable advice. She is such an inspiration to me.


IS: What is your motto in life?

You only have one chance in life, live hard and earn fame. Help the poor and be respected.

IS: What's the difference before and after F4?

The age range of people who recognise me became various. The character Ji Hoo seemed to give me a chance to produce another Kim Hyun Joong.

IS: Have you ever posted any opinion under Internet news articles (about youself)?

I try not to read bad posts (about me). I would read what people write about me on my fan page and write my opinions as well. Sometimes I reveal myself and sometimes I don't. Sometimes I write really harsh reports on myself to push myself. I visit Daum the most.

IS: Do you have a bad habit or jinx?


No jinx. Habit perhaps? When I am stressed, I like to go on fishing trips or listen to music.


IS: What if your parents were against your marriage -- like in the character Gu Jun-pyo?


I will try to persuade my parents, that I am responsible enough to make the decision.


Where and with whom do you like to drink with?


I drink a lot. Soju. Anywhere (the place is not important). I drink with my band mates and friends. A simple stall by the street is good enough. I like my soju with pork and kimchi.

IS: What was the biggest crisis in your life to date?


It was when I was in the MBC TV show We've Got Married. We went to film at Halla Mountain (Halla San) at Jeju Island. We took 5 hours to climb up the mountain and 2 hours to get down. I didn't go easy but went on briskly. I ran down for 2 hours without a break. Finally, when we reached the bottom and it was time for an interview at the hotel, I had no energy left and fainted.

IS: What would you do if you won ₩ 10,000,000,000 in the lottery?


₩ 5,000,000,000 to parents. ₩ 1,000,000,000 to my boss Lee Ho-yeon of DSP Entertainment. 20% to needy neighbours, 20% to share with friends.


IS: Do you have any skin care secrets?

My dermatologist takes care of my skin very well. That's my honest answer. Ha ha. I will always try to clean my skin properly.


IS: What is your sleeping habit?

I sleep in only my underwear. I can't endure wearing anything more because I am afraid of the heat. I like the feeling of the blanket next to my skin and only wear my underwear to bed.

IS: When did you last date and how old were you?


We split up just before I made my debut (in SS501). Ha Ha.


IS: What would you call your girlfriend if you have one?

I would just call her name. I'm not as gentle or tender as Ji Hoo. I wish my girlfriend was someone just like a friend, who I would feel comfortable with.


IS: What do you want to receive from your girlfriend?


Actually, I would be more comfortable giving than receiving.
Even if I have something I want, I won't tell her and I would just buy it myself. I would give anything from me to the most precious one.

IS: What do you envy of your F4 members?


Min-ho's height, Bum's maturity and Joon's personality?


IS: What is the best fortune of your life so far?

The fact that I have friends who I've been with since primary school, and that I'm a member of SS501.

IS: If you have a completely free day, what would you do?


I just want to sleep all day.


IS: Who manages your income?


Since I was a child and started off with part-time jobs, I have been managing my own income. My parents trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
©2009 Stuff..